Get your Albuquerque home painted professionally. Here are a few tips to hire a professional painter for your next painting project in Albuquerque.
Using a professional painting contractor takes the headache out of painting your home. Finding the right one is an important decision that requires careful consideration.
Do an Online Search
Google is one of the best ways to find a house painter in Albuquerque Use a search phrase like residential painter Albuquerque and get at least 3 quotes from you search results. Look up the painting contractors online reputation on sites like YP.com and Yelp.com. Go to their social media pages and look to see what their customers are saying.
Ask your friends and co-workers
Another good way to find a quality painting contractor in Albuquerque is to get referrals from friends, neighbors, and acquaintances who have had good experiences with painting contractors in your area. You can also get referrals from your local paint store.
Understand your quotes/estimates
When you receive contractor estimates, they should fall roughly within the same price range. If estimates differ widely from one another, ask what is not being done or
where corners are being cut. The lowest price may not always be the best price.
Be Specific About the Project
Walk each potential contractor around the areas (indoor or outdoor) to be painted while discussing your needs, and particularly any aspects of the project that could affect the price. Be specific about which surfaces you want to have painted (walls, trims, moldings, ceilings, etc.) and the paint colors and finishes you want used.
Be sure to get at least three references from past customers and speak to them directly. If possible, visit references to evaluate the painter’s work in person and to see how well it has held up over time.
Review the Contract
Once you’ve settled on a contractor, ask for a written contract and review it carefully. As a consumer, you have the right to ask detailed questions about any issues you need clarified.
Here is the definitive list of the 21 things you must know and ask when hiring a residential painter in Albuquerque New Mexico.
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have the proper/required licenses? In New Mexico click the following link to see if the license # has expired NM CID license check
- Do you have insurance and bonding? (This helps determine whether your contractor and any hired workers are insured for injury and liability.)
- Are you a member of the BBB or any national or local painting contractors’ associations?
- Do you offer written guarantees of your work?
- What products do you use?
- Do you offer discounts to military or elderly? (if it applies to you)
- Does the contractor project a sense of professionalism and experience?
- Is the contractor courteous and business-like?
- Does the contractor seem knowledgable about materials?
- Good contractors are usually busy. Ask them how busy they are?
- Does the contractor return phone calls and provide estimates in a timely manner?
- Is the contractor on time for appointments?
- Can you provide three references?
- Using a pen add any notes or language that may be missing from the contract.
- What exactly is being painted (house, trim, walls, molding, etc.)?
- Details on preparation and cleanup?
- Paint colors for each area to be painted?
- How the contractor will protect plants, patios, furniture, or other items?
- How much time the project will take, from start to finish?
- When and how the contractor will be paid?
Once you complete these steps, you’ll be ready to hire the right painting contractor in Albuquerque, New Mexico—and enjoy your newly painted home.